As children rapidly grow and develop over the years it is essential for them to visit their primary care professional regularly following a schedule. These visits are important not only to track children’s development and ensure they are healthy but is also the best time for a parent to bring up any questions or concerns they might have regarding their child’s health.
What is the recommended schedule for well-child visits?
- The first-week visit (3 to 5 days old)
- 1 month old
- 2 months old
- 4 months old
- 6 months old
- 9 months old
- 12 months old
- 15 months old
- 18 months old
- 2 years old (24 months)
- 2 ½ years old (30 months)
- 3 years old, and every year after until they reach 21 years old
What happens during a well-child visit?
- A physical exam is performed.
- The child receives all necessary shots, such as recommended immunizations and vaccines.
- Tracking of the child’s growth and discuss developmental and behavioral progress.
- Discuss nutrition, physical activity, illness prevention, and more.
- Create plans for how to handle sudden illness or emergencies.
- Time for parents to ask their medical professional questions and bring up concerns.
Schedule an appointment:
At Morgan Family Medicine, we can treat your family at all stages of life. Schedule an appointment for your child today! We want you and your loved ones to spend the year healthy and happy.